Jonathan Carey "Champion for the Disabled" Born September 12,1993 Killed by caregivers on February 15,2007
As the national Spotlight is on sexual predators being exposed, Governor Andrew Cuomo’s scheme to protect people that prey on the disabled must come to light
Governor Cuomo must resign and be held accountable for what are likened to war crimes; the scope of these horrors is that bad.
ALBANY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, November 25, 2017 /EINPresswire.com
/ -- I cannot remain silent, the sexual atrocities
and criminal cover-ups continue in New York State’s mental health care system as the national news at this point centers in on high profile predators
. Women and children, boys and girls, are being raped and sexually assaulted all of the time in a known extremely dangerous New York State mental health system, similar to the Catholic Church, and nothing significant is being done to stop most of these preventable horrors. How can anyone look the other way? How can the former Attorney General and now Governor of New York State
look the other way for over ten years? http://www.einpresswire.com/article/414428414/cuomo-has-been-protecting-sexual-predators-for-over-a-decade?n=2
How far have we fallen as a society? This evil must be stopped, federal law, US Code 42 Section 15009, says all State and federal money for people with disabilities is only to go to programs that are free from abuse and neglect, free from sexual exploitation, free from financial exploitation and free from human rights violations. New York State is guilty of violating every single one of these without question in one form or another. So let’s follow the money and the violations of federal law;
• Billions of federal tax dollars come into New York State annually that is supposed to provide safe and excellent care for our most vulnerable, but most of the money is misappropriated. Politically connected people and entities are stealing most of the money that is supposed to go to providing safe services for the disabled (Medicaid fraud). People with disabilities within New York’s system operated by Governor Andrew Cuomo are being financially exploited. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/nyregion/for-executives-at-group-homes-generous-pay-and-little-oversight.html
• New York States mental health care system which is totally controlled by Governor Andrew Cuomo is rampant with physical and sexual abuse, neglect and death. Nothing significant has been done by Governor Cuomo to stop or prevent these criminal activities since they were exposed by the New York Times throughout 2011. Even this massive exposé didn’t deter Cuomo and his cover-up scheme -http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/nyregion/abused-and-used-series-page.html
• New York State’s system protects and shields most pedophiles and sexual predators from firing and from criminal prosecution allowing them to violate and rape disabled children and women anytime they like, this is sexual exploitation. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/20/predators-dream-ny-pays-3m-family-molested-boy/98154714/
• These are not only human rights violations, these are human rights atrocities https://www.hrw.org/news/1996/12/06/sexual-abuse-women-us-state-prisons
We need to clean house starting at the top. We need to change this culture of protecting pedophiles and sexual predators and remove all of them from being able to further harm and rape other innocent victims. We must root out and remove everyone involved in covering up these most heinous sex crimes and in New York State, we must start with Governor Andrew Cuomo, he is he kingpin of this corruption. For over ten years, Michael Carey, as the Founder of the Jonathan Carey Foundation has done everything imaginable to try to convince Attorney General Cuomo and then Governor Andrew Cuomo to stop these sexual atrocities and crimes- to stop the horrific and astronomical cover-ups of these heinous crimes to no avail.
Governor Andrew Cuomo’s mental health agencies remain rampant with sexual abuse, they are grossly and incompetently run, they are animal houses. Just below you will read of just one of the very powerful examples among many thousands. Pedophiles and sexual predators thrive within Cuomo’s mental health agencies and below are words from one of those pedophiles.
Always remember these words spoken from a convicted pedophile of Governor Cuomo’s system; he called it “a predators dream.”
The pedophile and former New York State employed caregiver that was eventually caught in a federal porn sting, called New York’s system controlled by Governor Andrew Cuomo “a predator’s dream”
Here is the direct quote from this AP News story written by David Klepper;
“New York State is paying $3 million to the family of developmentally disabled boy repeatedly molested by a staffer at a state-run group home who later wrote that lax supervision at the facility made it "a predator's dream."
Here are some of these reasons these sex crimes continue and why pedophiles and sexual predators escape justice and can literally do whatever they want with whoever they want in Cuomo’s New York State’s mental health care system;
• Incompetent and completely insufficient background checks that allow sexual predators, pedophiles and rapists, even those with known histories to be easily hired in the system
• Purposeful under-staffing of direct care workers and supervisors, especially on evening and night shifts when most of these heinous sex crimes occur
• The absence of surveillance cameras to deter these crimes from happening and to catch these sexual predators
• Untrained and improperly vetted male direct caregivers allowed to bath women and little children alone
• Untrained and improperly vetted male direct caregivers allowed to transport women and little children alone in vans with darkened windows with no surveillance cameras
• Untrained and improperly vetted male direct caregivers allowed to do female personal hygiene, Peri-care, on women and young girls alone
• Incompetent management personnel that are grossly over-paid that are willing to do anything to keep their lucrative jobs. Most management staff compromise their own conscience and commit even greater crimes to protect themselves from losing their job and in doing so protect dangerous sexual predators and rapists of vulnerable people under their care
• Staff are trained to report sex crimes internal to Cuomo’s abuse hotline for the disabled, instead of to report these crimes to 911 so local police and emergency medical personnel cannot respond. These practices are without question – discrimination in civil rights per Section 11 of the NYS Constitution under Article 1 of the Bill of Rights. Also, the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution is being regularly violated by denying upwards of 1,000,000 New Yorkers with disabilities equal protection of laws when they are victims of sex crimes. Keeping most of these sex crimes from local police, from proper criminal investigations and County elected District Attorney’s is not only unconstitutional, but illegal- it is Obstruction of Justice.
• Keeping evidence of sex crimes from authorities and falsifying internal reports at Cuomo’s fraudulent Justice Center and within Cuomo’s mental health agencies is occurring regularly. Governor Andrew Cuomo has refused to order the cessation of all of these illegal activities, but instead continues to be actively involved in the cover-ups.
The New York Times blasted and exposed Governor Cuomo for looking the other way after their award winning “Abuse and Used” investigative reporting series which was a runner up for a Pulitzer Prize http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/opinion/protecting-the-most-vulnerable.html
. Governor Cuomo has ignored Michael Carey, the Jonathan Carey Foundation and the New York Times Editorial Boards call for repentance for many years. This is what the New York Times Editorial Board said over 4 years ago;
“Two-and-a-half years ago, The Times reported horrifying abuse of people with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses by state employees, who were rarely punished for it. Gov. Andrew Cuomo promised action. But too little appears to have changed.”
“There is much the governor could do. He could require surveillance cameras in these facilities, just as prisons have them. He could make sure that the police get more involved.”
Governor Cuomo told Michael Carey in a May 2012 meeting that he wanted cameras, but the unions don’t want them. When Mr. Carey told the governor that he was more powerful and cameras are vital to protect the disabled, the governor said something to the effect of that depends upon the day. Leaders lead and leaders must do what is right no matter what. Leaders must be accountable for their actions and in-actions. Governor Cuomo’s actions and in-actions have allowed thousands of innocent children and women to be sexually assaulted and raped by pedophiles and sexual predators that he is internally protecting. Governor Cuomo must resign and be held accountable for what are likened to war crimes; the scope of these horrors is that bad. Governor Cuomo has been directing these sex crimes, many thousands of reported ones annually, to be reported internally to his abuse hotline instead of 911. In doing so Governor Cuomo has orchestrated one of the largest and scandalous sex cover-up schemes of all time.
No longer can 911 and local police be bypassed. 911 call systems must be immediately called by all mandated reporters regarding all sexual assaults and rapes, as well as obviously all other physical assault crimes, medical emergencies and deaths. Currently, Governor Cuomo ensures that most sex crimes against the disabled disappear, he is making sure that most are covered-up.
Please donate and support this vital Civil Rights Movement for the disabled and their families, but also for our country and the world, the maltreatment and unequal treatment of the disabled is also an international societal problem that must be addressed now. Always remember - People with disabilities are equal and just as valuable and precious as anyone else- period. http://jonathancareyfoundation.org/donate/
The Jonathan Carey Foundation
email us here
The incredible life and tragic preventable death of Jonathan Carey, who was disabled, had autism, was non-verbal & only 13 when he was killed by his caregivers